Sunday, May 12, 2019

Hello Quilters Spirit, it has been awhile....

“So when we write and begin with an empty page
and a heart unsure, a famine of thoughts, a fear of no feeling —
just begin from there, from that electricity.”
— Natalie Goldberg, Engendering Compassion



Hello my friends,

I found the quote above in my drafts section of blogger from 2013. Somehow it seemed fitting as I blog to you today.

It has been quite a few years since I've posted on my blog. That's because I returned to my career and let quilts and their history fall alseep in my closests, bookselves, and storage areas scattered throughout my home.

Over the recent months I've begun selling some of my collections, fabrics, patterns and tools. We've had two major fires, horrifically major damaging fires in southern California since the first one nearest me in December 2017. Both were close to my home. I've always said I have a museum packed away in my house, so the fear of all of it going up in smoke was/is real.

I have been selling items in person and through facebook groups so far. I started a FB for this page purpose, but have yet to use it. It's time and yet I don't have much time to do it. 

If there is a reproduction fabric line, antique or vintage quilt or top, antique faric swatch or yardage, woven coverlets, or other related handmade textile items, that you need or want, let me know about it specifically and I may have it to sell.

What are your thoughts on my posting some pictures on here? I think if I can break it down like that I might have chance of getting this going. I have a lot to sell.

My prices are fair market value. I had all the quilts appraised by a cetified appraiser awhile back in preparation. Some reproduction fabric lines are in great demand and will be sold at that value.

It's been a true joy collecting and learning about textiles and their history, but the time has come to begin to help them find a new home to love them and take care of them.

My stats show there are hundreds of visitors each month, and I have not posted for many years. That tells me there's a healthy interest out there. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.


Namaste,
Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and answers are welcome! It may take a little while for them to show on my blog - I like to see them first. Thanks for sharing.