- The Soldier Quilt and Poets
- Where Dreams Wait quilt made for a quilt challenge with the theme "Indelible Spirit." It celebrated the indelible spirit shown in those who create art in spite of limitations
- The Seldom-Ever Shady Glades
- Imagine your favorite quilt while reading this Tennessee poet's poem
- A thread of poems about quilting, dreaming and nature by Judy Anne. (check out the poem Judy posted in comments on the last post )
- I saw this fabulous exhibit Talking Quilts at the American Folk Art Museum. scroll down the page to see 4 antique quilts in the show, click to a large view
- A compilation of photos of text sewn onto textiles for art's sake
Thread was actually strewn and tossed all across the floor! The kitty had knock it off the table and pushed it all over until finally it went too far under the couch for him to reach. I quickly scanned for more deconstruction, as there were at least 15 spools of thread and 5 bobbins by the machine. I was grateful to see that he had tired after chasing just this one!
Thank you to everyone who has written me since I posted this week and sent wonderful message and shared their sense of sisterhood with the poems Delaine and I wrote. You bring joy to my heart. And to you I write this itty bitty poetry-
Piece for Peace
Live to Love
Shine your Light
for all to see
The beauty in thee
Keep the poetry and comments coming. Soon I'll post a scrappy "landscape with stormy sky" I recently made.
Subscribe by Email or Feed